[Nfbmo] Mary Lewis's funeral

Gene Coulter escoulter at centurytel.net
Tue Feb 28 08:12:17 UTC 2017

Absolutely yes to the flowers!
Gene

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Wunder via Nfbmo
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 9:53 PM
To: nfbmo list
Cc: Gary Wunder
Subject: [Nfbmo] Mary Lewis's funeral

This is not much notice. I got it just this evening. The funeral for Mary
Lewis will be at 11 AM on Wednesday. It will be held at 11924 E. 47th St.,
which is at forty-seventh and Blue Ridge Blvd. I am going to do my best to
attend. I am sure that other members of the national Federation of the blind
will be welcome.

Mary Lewis's active membership predates most of you in the Federation who
will read this. She was, however, one of the moving forces in the Kansas
City Chapter, was very active in my formative years as a Federationist, and
was the best helpmate that a lawyer named Melvin Lewis could ever have
wanted. I am going to order flowers for her funeral. If those of you who are
on the board believe it is a good idea, write me off list. If a suggestion
for flowers does not garner near unanimous support, the Wunder family will
purchase them. Whichever way it goes, there will be flowers, and they will
have the name of the national Federation of the blind proudly displayed.

Thank you for reading, and love to all of you.