[Nfbmo] reminder to those who are going to national convention

robynwallen at juno.com robynwallen at juno.com
Thu Jun 22 02:30:25 UTC 2017

OMG you guys.  You bring up some great points.  First of all Julie what you said is so true.  Convention is that one week of the year where the world is truly ours.  Where we are in the majority.   I learned this long ago when I was working.  I live in an area of St. Louis where while there are some blind folks we are all pretty disconnected so my main socializing is done with the sighted world.  When I was working I was the only blind person they had so again my world revolved around only sighted people. Having that one week where you are the majority is not always a bad thing.  It gives you time to network with other blind folks, rejuvenate and reenergize yourself for fighting for the things you need.  It is actually a very important thing.   Now Gail you brought up NFB tea.  Wow that brought back memories!!! The truth is I don't think anyone meant anything by the reminders but it can be a stressful week. Robyn