[Nfbmo] Intent to run for first vice president

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 18:13:41 UTC 2017

Good morning friends,

I would like to continue serving the National Federation of the Blind
of Missouri by running for the position of first vice president at the
upcoming convention.

As many of you know, I am currently a student at the Colorado Center
for the Blind.  I will be graduating from my training program in early
June and plan to return to Missouri where I will find a job and begin
my journey in the working world.

Many of you have asked me about my intent to return home and continue
my work with the Missouri affiliate.  Until recently, I did not know
where my career would take me.  Now, however, I plan to take my career
in my own hands and apply for jobs in Missouri so that I can be closer
to friends and family, including my NFB of Missouri family.

Although I have not resided in Missouri for the past ten months, I
have remained active as a leader in our affiliate.  I have not missed
a board meeting, have continued to chair our scholarship committee,
and have attended Washington and Jefferson City Seminars.  It is my
goal to dedicate myself to building our membership, growing our
scholarship program, and advocating for our legislation.

I am grateful for all of the opportunities the National Federation of
the Blind has afforded me.  Right now I am gaining skills at the
Colorado Center that I could not learn anywhere else.  And all of it
began with our affiliate and our welcoming atmosphere.  I believe I
can use what I've learned as well as what I continue to learn from all
of you, to bring members into our affiliate and give them the same
opportunities I have found.  So, yes, I am asking for your support as
I intend to run for the affiliate's first vice president position.

I look forward to seeing you all at convention next month!  One month away!

Most sincerely,

Julie A. McGinnity
Email: kaybaycar at gmail.com
Phone: (314)610-7740