[NFBMO] Activeity comming up

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 22:20:18 UTC 2018

I believe you are referring to a program that Rehab Services for the Blind
is going to be sponsoring in Kansas City. It is called "Blind and Socially
Savvy. This will be for transition age students in Missouri. It is a series
of sessions and the April 20-22 will be the introductory level

Here's what I have seen about it:

"Blind & Socially Savvy" is a training offered through the International
School of Protocol. It focuses on training students with a vision loss in
"soft skills" like professional image, nonverbal communication, networking,
and employer expectations. Often people learn such soft skills by observing
others, but people who are blind ...

I know that Minesota and Nebraska has had this program and those that I know
who have seen it believe it is effective.

Ean Shadreick is the contact preson in Missouri at RSB to learn more about
the project in Missouri.

Shelia