[NFBMO] Fwd: Fw: Fwd: Rest Commercialization Letter

Gene Fleeman gfleeman55 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 21:10:54 UTC 2018

Thank you for your thoughts Gary.

As it is, it will cost millions of dollars to rebuild each roadside rest
area. Only large commercial
companies will have the financial backing needed to submit a qualifying bid
even for
one location let alone the millions more for each succeeding location.
There is no way a blind
person could afford to even submit a qualifying bid let alone try to
compete. Even the  State
Licensing Agency that oversees the Business Enterprise Program does not
have the funds
to compete with a qualifying offer. At least the staff person in Sen.
McCaskill's indicated
that it does not appear that this will be an issue this year.  But that
does not mean that it won't
come up again next year. So we will have to be vigilant and be ready to
write letters or whatever
is needed to protect our priority if this or any other potential
legislation threatens it in the future.

Gene Fleeman, Second Vice President
National Federation of the Blind of MO
http://www.nfbmo.org/