[NFBMO] FW: [BlindKid] Good job at Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired--please share
Linda.Coccovizzo at MCCKC.EDU
Fri Jun 15 20:26:37 UTC 2018
From: BlindKid <blindkid-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Lydia Anne Schuck via BlindKid
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2018 3:06 PM
To: Deborah Kent Stein <dkent5817 at att.net>; Blind Kid Mailing List, (for parents of blind children) <blindkid at nfbnet.org>; Blindhomeschooler at yahoogroups.com
Cc: Lydia Anne Schuck <lydia.a.schuck at wmich.edu>
Subject: [BlindKid] Good job at Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired--please share
Please share with anyone you know.
Position at Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Title: Learning Community and Brand Development Director
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Develop and execute intelligence gathering, community development and brand development strategies with a specific focus on the target audience of aging boomers experiencing vision loss. Build and hone an ongoing and authentic sense of community among our learners that empowers them to inform and inspire each other.
* Utilizing Hadley's Advisory Panel, explore areas of concern and opportunity for brand growth. Lead focus group discussions, one-on-one interviews and monitor survey data trends.
* Identify and cultivate positive, long-term relationships with professionals outside of Hadley's traditional audience; those who interface with aging boomers new to the vision loss experience. Develop useful insights to help Hadley partner with professionals themselves and (perhaps even more importantly) those staffing their offices for ongoing referrals.
* Inform marketing team as we test out ways to introduce Hadley's "everyday tips" to help an audience new to vision loss who may still be in curative mode or denial.
* Develop ways to connect Hadley learners to each other and to our resources.
* Advisory Panel
(Fielding targeted surveys, focus group leader, one-on-one interviewer; sharing back with the advisors on regular basis); Using insights from the panel, report on a regular basis to inform product development, practice leaders and customer service teams.
* Identify and Cultivate Future Referral Sources
Explore avenues for future referrals to Hadley, specifically among those who are newly diagnosed with visual impairment.
Develop relationships with professionals in a position to recommend Hadley.
Explore a Hadley presence in senior living communities; optometrist practices; libraries; community health organizations; geriatric office staff.
Establish and maintain CRM of referral sources.
* Maintain and Build Upon Hadley's Current Client Community Connections
Community Corner engagement: blog curator; podcast developer.
Community forum management.
Mentor-Match program coordinator that links those new to vision loss with Hadley alum who can serve as informal guides.
Social Media (Create presence on LinkedIn; explore Pinterest; build Twitter and Facebook; redeploy YouTube for brand building).
* Degree in psychology or social work
* Extensive customer service experience
* Extensive social service experience
* Ability to creatively explore opportunities for brand growth
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Curious by nature with a strong empathic orientation
* Facility with technology (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Google Docs, Sheets, Drive; databases) and willingness to adapt to new technologies
* Innovative and resourceful with respect to problem solving
* Passion for serving clients who are visually impaired, their families and professionals
Strong candidates possess the following attributes:
* Entrepreneurial spirit
* Positive attitude
* Openness to critical feedback from prospective and current Hadley clients, team members, and professional partners
* A true passion for continuous improvement of the brand experience
Qualified Applicants Please Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Chief Human Resources Officer (SHRM-CP)
Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired jacque at hadley.edu<mailto:jacque at hadley.edu>
BlindKid mailing list
BlindKid at nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for BlindKid:
More information about the NFBMO