[NFBMO] BP lawsuit is over.

escoulter at centurytel.net escoulter at centurytel.net
Thu Mar 1 22:28:06 UTC 2018

According to several news outlets the BP case has been settled. There
will be a hearing in Cole County Court on March 30 to finalize the
settlement. For a total of $21 million, about half of which is interest.

Recipients will either receive a lumpsum of between $15 and $3,000 or  a
temporary increase in benefits until their share of the settlement is
paid back. I do not know how the decision  is made as to whom will
receive which method of re-payment.  However, it would make sense that
the original named individuals would get the lump sum but I  am just
guessing.

Gene