[NFBMO] Reminder: Meeting of the Membership Committee Tomorrow

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 22 12:42:49 UTC 2018

How much are you charged as a T-Mobile user? Let us suppose you are charged
a penny a minute. It might be easier for the affiliate to reimburse you a
dollar for a call that goes a little over an hour and a half then it would
be to use one of the paid conference services that will probably charge just
under three cents a minute for every participant. One of the things we may
look at is how people actually call into the service. There is a new service
called Zoom that lets people dial in directly through the Internet from
their computer or iPhone and also provides a regular ten digit landline
number for others to use. The audio quality is quite good.

If we find that all of our conference participants have access to a smart
phone or a computer, there are services which can host large conferences for
about fifty dollars a year. The beauty of some of these is that it is
impossible for more than one person to talk at a time. If you are talking
and I want to talk, I press a key on my computer, and I am immediately
placed in line. If there is no one ahead of me and you release your talk
button, I get a beep and now have the floor. If there are three people ahead
of me, each of them are taken in the order that they pressed the talk
button. Should one of them decide that his or her point has already been
made, releasing the talk button takes him or her out of line. It's not a bad
system. Whether we are ready to move from telephone to computer I do not
know, but there are some very interesting alternatives for conferencing. I
am available to do research if President Wright needs more information.

Warmly,

Gary