[NFBMO] Gov. Greitens announces results of investigation into possible blind pension fraud

escoulter at centurytel.net escoulter at centurytel.net
Sat Mar 24 04:00:27 UTC 2018

I am also very much for eliminating  fraud and abuse. I, however, point
out that , I believe, the release stated that 436  people had driver's
licenses but only 100  welfare  investigation referrals were made.  That
number indicates, to me, that the bulk of the remaining 336  persons
likely had their driver's license before they applied for benefits. The
100 represents less than 5% of the roles which from my experience is
not abnormal . for any government program.
Regardless of that I am glad that these  criminals are being pushed off
the  program but am a little cautious about it because I have received a
half dozen calls from folks in the last few months that had unexpired
driver's licenses  and were sent adverse action notices
  Without what I believed was adequate time to  forfeit their licenses
for a non-driver's license.