[NFBMO] It's Coming Soon

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 04:15:44 UTC 2018

Hello Missouri Federationists,

I hope many of you are planning to attend our National Federation of the
Blind Convention in Orlando,  Florida. If you have not decided, I would like
to encourage you to come join us July 3-8, 2018. I am sure it will prove to
be filled with many opportunities to see our organization in action.

For those that are still needing some assistance to make your participation
in this summer's national convention become a reality, remember that our
state affiliate set aside some funds to assist our members; however, the
deadline to apply is May 15th. So don't delay if this is something that
would be helpful. The Chair of the committee through which you need to apply
is Gene Coulter. His new email address is GeneCoulter at charter.net
<mailto:GeneCoulter at charter.net> . You may also want to talk with your
chapter president.

I would like to hear from those that are planning to attend the national
convention. Please text or email me off-list if you are planning to be at
convention. I have been asked to help identify members from Missouri who
would be willing to volunteer for a shift at the Independence Market. Please
let me know if you would be willing to volunteer.

Finally, I want to let you know I have tickets for the Kenneth Jernigan
Drawing. They are $10.00 each and the winner will receive airfare for two,
two convention registrations and banquet tickets, hotel for the convention,
plus $1,000. The drawing will be at this year's banquet on July 8th and the
prize will be for our 2019 National Convention. The location of the
convention will also be announced at this summer's national convention.

I am asking Chapter Presidents to be sure their members have an opportunity
to purchase tickets. I also want to point out that the chapter or affiliate
responsible for selling the winning ticket will receive $500. The name of
your chapter or affiliate should be written on the back of the ticket stubs
which you turn in.

I wanted to get this message out before any of our chapters held their May
meeting. I look forward to seeing many of you at our NFB of Missouri State
Board Meeting in June.

Thanks,

Shelia

Shelia Wright, President

7928 NW Milrey Drive, Kansas City, MO 64152

816-741-6402

President at nfbmo.org <mailto:President at nfbmo.org>

www.nfbmo.org <http://www.nfbmo.org>