[NFBMO] blind pension question

GeneCoulter at Charter.net GeneCoulter at Charter.net
Tue May 15 15:29:50 UTC 2018

The law is that you have to be a Missouri resident to receive Blind
Pension generally defined as living here for 30 days. The one year
requirement  has been done away with a long time ago. However, you must
have 2 real estate owners in the county you live in sign a form that FSD
will provide stating you are of good moral character. 
As for getting the application you have 2 choices. You can either go
into your local Family Support Division office and get one or download
the MO HealthNet application from the FSD website www.DSS.MO/fsd
Due to understaffing the application can take 6 to 8 months to approve.
One way to speed the application is to send in with the application the
information they are likely to request including  proof of income,
latest bank statement, and a complete eye doctor's report providing the
exam was done within the last few months. 
Hope this helps.
Gene Coulter ----Original Message-----
From: NFBMO <nfbmo-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Sharon Klug via
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 9:47 AM
To: nfbmo at nfbnet.org
Cc: Sharon Klug <sharonklug9304 at gmail.com>
Subject: [NFBMO] blind pension question

Hello. My future husband is moving to Missouri and we are trying to get
an application for blind pension for him started. He has called twice to
request the application and I have called once. It has been about 3
weeks since this process has started.

I've looked to see if we could download the application from the
website. If it is there, I am missing it.

I hope someone can give me suggestions as to how to solve this problem.

Sharon Klug

If you step out in faith God will always show up.

NFBMO mailing list
NFBMO at nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for

More information about the NFBMO mailing list