[NFBMO] Requesting Your Valuable Help

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 17:00:03 UTC 2018

We are preparing for a meeting later this month with Missouri's Secretary of
State to discuss accessible voting in Missouri. This topic is one that we
have worked on for a number of years now and I urge you to not grow weary or
so discouraged that you do not take action when we request it.

You can help by sending us the name of your county and your voting
experience in the most recent election. This will help us have firsthand
experiences to use to support our concerns. Also, this gives us an
opportunity to see if you have concerns we do not have on our list of issues
to discuss with Secretary Ashcroft.

If we do not act concerning current issues, we will be left behind in the
future as technology and elections change. We simply need to be at the table
and take advantage of every opportunity to assure that our voter rights are
considered whenever change occurs.

Also, I would urge you to participate in the blind voter experience survey.
Here's what President Riccobono had to say about this in the President's
Notebook this week:

2018 Blind and Low Vision Voters Experience Survey:

After voting in the 2018 midterm election, blind and low vision voters are
encouraged to complete our 2018 Blind and Low Vision Voter Experience
Survey. Blind and low vision voters who cast their ballot at an early voting
center, local polling place on Election Day, or by absentee ballot, should
complete the survey at

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9BBTKZP.

If you tried to participate in the survey but had a problem, I ask that you
try again. There was a brief problem with the survey but it was corrected
quickly. So try again, please.

There you have it. Two ways you can take action to help others blind and low
vision individuals those who follow us in the future.

If you want to make a difference and leave a legacy, the National Federation
of the Blind of Missouri is a great place to get involved.

Thank you to those that will act upon these requests!

Shelia Wright, President

7928 NW Milrey Drive, Kansas City, MO 64152

816-741-6402

President at nfbmo.org <mailto:President at nfbmo.org>

www.nfbmo.org <http://www.nfbmo.org>