[NFBMO] Opportunity to Join the NFB-NEWSLINE Team

nancy Lynn seabreeze.stl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 19:09:54 UTC 2018

Nancy Lynn seabreeze.stl at gmail.com

From: Scott White
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:03 PM
To: Nancy Lynn
Subject: Opportunity to Join the NFB-NEWSLINE Team

Good Afternoon,

Are you interested in helping NFB-NEWSLINE grow and continue to provide newspapers, magazines, and more to blind Americans across the country? NFB-NEWSLINE is hiring for a NFB-NEWSLINE Program Assistant. More information on this rare opportunity to be a part of the NFB-NEWSLINE team and how to apply is listed below.

Thank you,

Scott White

NFB-NEWSLINE, a service of the National Federation of the Blind that provides over five hundred state and national newspapers, seventy magazines, television and job listings to blind and print-disabled Americans is currently seeking a Program Assistant. To learn more about the NFB-NEWSLINE service, please visit www.nfbnewsline.org.

This position will report to the Director of Sponsored Technology Programs and will require an efficient, multitasking individual that can work independently with extreme attention to detail while providing excellent follow-through skills. The successful candidate must possess the ability to make judgments in establishing priorities in order to meet deadlines.

Responsibilities

Responsible for the preparation, review, editing, proofreading, and distribution of letters, reports, web pages, memorandums, expense reports, and other office correspondence.

Analyze documents and provide an oral or written summary of key concepts.

Respond to telephone and email inquiries from state funding sources, NFB affiliates, and subscribers.

Plan travel, make hotel reservations, and purchase tickets.

Plan and coordinate logistics for meetings.

Prepare and post material to the web.

Effectively communicate with state funding sources, National Federation of the Blind affiliates, and subscribers orally and in writing.

Perform other duties as assigned.

Qualifications

Demonstrated skill in use of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn other software programs as required.

Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.

Strong skills in problem solving and forward thinking.

Excellent skills in managing electronic and paper files using general record-keeping and filing systems.

Flexibility in undertaking other duties as required.

Demonstrated ability to function on teams or individually, depending upon task required, and to move quickly and efficiently from one task to another.

This job does involve some overnight travel.

Minimum Education and Experience

Minimum of an associate degree preferred, but we will consider other combinations of education and experience demonstrating ability to perform the work.

How to Apply

We do not speak in terms of "positions" for many of our jobs at the NFB National Office, preferring to focus on the applicant's total skill set in determining a fit with our needs. Candidates for jobs at this level are hired on the basis of their education and experience ratings and careful assessment of performance in multiple interviews. We seek individuals who long to identify with a cause and to assist in advocacy for a group long denied equal opportunity to succeed or fail on the basis of ability and not be denied opportunity on the basis of society's stereotypes. This job is open until filled. Applicants should send via email, a cover letter, a resume with wage history, and the contact information of two professional references to NFB Human Resources email HR at nfb.org.

In accordance with federal law and United States Department of the Treasury policy, the National Federation of the Blind is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly all terms and conditions of employment will be carried out without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, or disability. For more detailed information about our commitment to equal opportunity in employment, please email a request to HR at nfb.org.