[NFBMO] Perhaps posting late, but hurray for us

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:54:31 UTC 2018

Good article!

Thank you to the Jeff City Chapter for getting this done.

I am a little put off by the word "awareness" as it relates to
blindness.  It just sounds so negative to me.  As for the press, maybe
we should think about our priorities as an organization and then
consider how we can make those interesting to the press.  We should
need to see a blind parent have their child removed in order to get
press coverage of the issue.  But that's an easy one.  What about
getting coverage of an issue like inaccessibility in higher ed?  That
may not be as dramatic.

I don't have the answers, but I don't know that we want our press
centered around awareness as much as the action we are taking to
conquor these issues.

Julie