[NFBMO] BP Letter follow-up

GeneCoulter at Charter.net GeneCoulter at Charter.net
Fri Sep 21 21:04:39 UTC 2018

Gary,
You are correct that, as it turns out, the majority of us will not
receive such a letter but you should be extra vigilant  about your mail
as it sounds like they can send you such a letter on little more than a
whim until you have completed  an annual review that includes the
driver's license question.
As far as how long it takes to get your Blind Pension reinstated there
are two scenarios.
Scenario #1 you send the form in timely but the BP office does not code
it in timely. In this case you will get cut off for only a few weeks
before they do what they call a cancel-closing. Of course, your check
will be delayed and be without MO healthNet during this time. You will
get the back check once cancel-closed and the MO HealthNet  will be
reopened back to the closing date.
Scenario #2 You do not respond to this letter or any other request in a
timely fashion  in which case you will be required to complete a new
application. Depending on how lucky you are it can take from 4 to 9
months to be approved.  Again, this is with backpay and backdated MO
Healthnet. One way to shorten is to submit whatever you think FSD will
want with the application including pay stubs and bank statements.
The bottom line is do NOT let your case be closed!
Gene