[NFBMO] A different twist on the heads or tails game

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 15 01:10:24 UTC 2019

At the recent NFB of Missouri convention there was a heads or tails game during the banquet organized by the Columbia Chapter. The text below explains a different way to play this game; it is taken from the Chapter Presidents Mailing list. It was written in response to another chapter president asking about ways to raise money for the BELL Academy. Read below my signature:

Regards

Daniel Garcia, Corresponding Secretary
dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
(816) 621-0902
www.nfb.org
www.nfbmo.org
Live the life you want

We had a heads or tails game at our state convention last week where we would've done a 50-50 split the pot with the money raised from folks buying strands of beads from our exhibit table. Everyone had to guess whether the coin toss would be heads or tails, and they would lose one strand of beads every time they got it wrong. Whoever had the last strand of beads at the end of the game won the money. No one won the first night and the person that won the second time ended up donating her half back to the program. $400 was raised from this little game. Plus our chapters and divisions are also contributing donations towards the program. We may also look at having some bake sales and other things like that to help support the program.
Tara

Tara Chavez
Consultant, Usborne Books and More
https://v7941.myubam.com
President, Albuquerque Chapter, National Federation of the Blind of New Mexico