[NFBMO] work expenses

GeneCoulter at Charter.net GeneCoulter at Charter.net
Wed Aug 28 16:51:06 UTC 2019

There are two different work expenses. Under SSI they are called
Blindness related Expenses and under SSDI they are called Impairment
Work Related expenses. The website is SSA.Gov and type these titles into
the search bar.
Generally Blindness Related expenses (BRE)under SSI are much broader and
largely include the Impairment Work Related expenses (IWRE) under SSDI.
Transportation under IWRE is not an IWRE expense unless there is no
regular public transportation available such as city bus, walking, or
Metro Link, but might be allowed on BRE in some cases.
Equipment like AIRA may or not be allowable. As the two questions you
would be asked:  "How is it need for employment considering other access
technology that are already available?" and "If it is needed for
employment why isn't the state rehab agency or employer paying for it?"
While BRE is very easy to bet allowances for things like work clothes,
raised line markers the only absolute  things under under IWRE are the
out of pocket cost eye medications and care and feeding of a dog guide.

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBMO <nfbmo-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Bryan Schulz via
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:52 AM
To: 'NFB of Missouri Mailing List' <nfbmo at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Bryan Schulz <b.schulz at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [NFBMO] work expenses



Would someone know a website to read more about what are valid work
related expenses such as transportation or aira that can decrease your
monthly income?




This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
NFBMO mailing list
NFBMO at nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for

More information about the NFBMO mailing list