[NFBMO] Attention: Comments Needed by December 15

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 17:37:04 UTC 2019

Greetings Members and Friends,

Below is a message from President Riccobono that I want to share with you
and ask you to make this one of your priorities over the next week. Please
don't just assume someone else will do this. We need your help. It is our
collective action that can bring about this needed change.

Please post to the list once you have submitted your comments to encourage
other members to do likewise. Not everyone needs to submit a long message.
The number of comments will far out weigh the length of the message.

Send Comments for Elimination of 14(c):
On Friday, November 15, 2019 at 9:00 a.m., the United States Commission on
Civil Rights held a public briefing on the elimination of Section 14(c) of
the Fair Labor Standards Act, which allows subminimum wages for people with
disabilities. The commission plans to issue a report with actionable
recommendations to address this critical civil rights issue.
<https://www.youtube.com/user/USCCR> Review the testimony from many
panelists, which included Anil Lewis, Kimie Eacobacci, John Pare, Melissa
Riccobono, and Derek Manners. Panelists also included those who are still in
favor of 14(c). Although it seems like the tides are turning, more voices
need to be heard to end these discriminatory practices. Submit comments to
<mailto:subminimumwages at usccr.gov> subminimumwages at usccr.gov for the
commission's consideration no later than December 15, 2019.

Shelia Wright, President

7928 NW Milrey Drive, Kansas City, MO 64152

816-741-6402

President at nfbmo.org <mailto:President at nfbmo.org>

www.nfbmo.org <http://www.nfbmo.org>