[NFBMO] FW: Welcome to the NFB’s New Website

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 1 01:23:36 UTC 2019

Feed: Voice of the Nation's Blind Blog
Posted on: Monday, January 28, 2019 6:19 PM
Author: avetro
Subject: Welcome to the NFB’s New Website

Welcome to the NFB’s New Website
[Screenshots of our previous homepage and About Us pages next to screenshots of our new homepage and About Us pages.]
avetro Jan 29, 2019
Jan 28, 2019

Welcome! We’re excited to announce that the National Federation of the Blind launched a newly redesigned website<https://nfb.org/> today. Our previous site, which was built in 2005, served us well, but it was time for an upgrade.

Based on extensive research, including a content audit and focus group testing among key membership groups at the 2018 National Convention in Orlando, our new website needed to:

  *   Reflect who we are in an authentic and powerful way
  *   Increase participation, support, and engagement from current members, prospective members, and the public
  *   Be the gold standard for web accessibility
  *   Showcase updated content and navigation, along with a new modern design

We worked with Acro Media, a web development firm based in Canada, to develop the new design and we coordinated with members, leadership, and staff to update the content and site structure.

Some of the new and enhanced features you’ll notice on the new site include:

  *   More direct paths to programs and services
  *   Multiple ways to reach popular content, including our publications, national convention information, advocacy and legal resources, the free white cane program, and blindness statistics
  *   Calendar of events