[NFBMO] FW: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] need your help registering job seekers - FW: [NFB-Conventions] Career Fair Employer Count Reaches 40

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 1 20:06:33 UTC 2019

From: State-Affiliate-Leadership-List <state-affiliate-leadership-list-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Chang, Patti via State-Affiliate-Leadership-List
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2019 1:01 PM
To: State Affiliate Leadership List <state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Chang, Patti <PChang at nfb.org>
Subject: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] need your help registering job seekers - FW: [NFB-Conventions] Career Fair Employer Count Reaches 40

Dear all,

We have signed up 40 employers for our career fair. Now we have a different number issue. Only 90 job seekers have preregistered. Please send this to all those you know who are looking for a job. We really will have a hard time registering this many people during convention.
*From:* Dick Davis [mailto:ddavis at blindinc.org]
Hi Everyone!

The number of employers signed up for our NFB National Career Fair has now reached 40. A list of employers by table numbers is attached. You will note that the list begins with convention sponsors, and after that, the employers are listed alphabetically. It’s possible we will have more employers sign up, as we are working on three more.

I am happy to tell you that 90 jobseekers have registered online for the career fair, but a bit less happy, because we usually have over 200 jobseekers in attendance. Even if 10 more register online by the end of next week, that means 100 or more will be standing in a long line registering at the last minute in order to be able to enter the room. So why not register now? Go to:
https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fair
and do so right away!

If you know of people who should register but somehow haven’t managed to do so yet, please tell them to get moving! Again, that link is https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fair

One of the advantages of registering even at this late date is that you will get employer contact information. Those people who registered by close of business yesterday are already busy contacting the employers, sending them their resumes, and in short, getting the jump on those of you who haven’t registered yet. So please do so.

Also attached is more detailed information on the career fair. See you there!

Dick Davis, Chair

NFB Employment Committee