[NFBMO] Doing work at the local level

dacia.luck at gmail.com dacia.luck at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 02:43:34 UTC 2019

Daniel, you were absolutely right, it is very important that chapters do things at the local level. At I believe it was our August meeting, we had members from the city of Columbia come and we spoke to them about several issues of concern. They included broken and damaged sidewalks, guide wires located at head and face level, severely low hanging tree branches, and possible spots for audible traffic Signals. Since then, the tree limbs have been taken care of, the guide wire either has been or will be taken care of, and at least at some of the intersections, audible traffic signals will hopefully be placed. They are going to work with the state to get them placed and to consider other areas per traffic signals that we have suggested. Some of these things were also mentioned in the city notes, a newsletter that comes in residence utility bills.

Sent from my iPhone