[NFBMO] Supreme Court Declines Petition to Hear Domino’s Case:

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 14 14:27:02 UTC 2019

This information comes from the Imagineering Our Future newsletter sent out by President Ricobono every month:

Supreme Court Declines Petition to Hear Domino’s Case:

Domino’s Pizza asked the United States Supreme Court to rule that the Americans with Disabilities Act did not apply to the internet after the Circuit Court determined that their web site and mobile app must be accessible. Blind people, like everyone else, engage in daily online interactions and transactions. On October 7, The Supreme Court denied Domino’s petition for certiorari leaving the lower court’s decision intact. The Circuit Court’s decision is consistent with our position that businesses must make their web sites accessible to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act.

We continue to encourage all businesses to require the WCAG 2.1 AA standard in the development of their websites, and invite businesses to work closely with us in these efforts to ensure accessibility to the blind. Resources regarding web accessibility can be found through our Center of Excellence in Nonvisual Access.

To subscribe to the Imagineering Our Future newsletter go to:
https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/imagineering-our-future

To read the entire October newsletter go to:
https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/imagineering-our-future/archive/october-2019

Regards

Daniel Garcia, Corresponding Secretary
dangarcia3 at hotmail.com