[NFBMO] We Need Your Help Today

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 06:41:26 UTC 2019

Hello To Everyone,

I am getting this message out late in the week but there should still be
time for all of us to make a call to our U.S. Representative. So please
let's help get some of our Missouri congressional members on this bill as
cosponsors. If you can't call Friday, please do so Monday.

The bill we're focusing on this week is our newest piece of legislation, and
it is critical that we build support for it. This week's bill is the Greater
Access and Independence through Nonvisual Access Technology (GAIN) Act.

Greater Access and Independence through Nonvisual Access Technology (GAIN)
Act

House - H.R. 3929 - Sponsored by Jan Schakowsky (D-IL-9) - 4 cosponsors

This legislation permits the Access Board to establish nonvisual
accessibility guidelines for manufacturers, conduct training on these
guidelines, and give authority to appropriate agencies to enforce these
guidelines pertaining to home use medical devices, exercise equipment, and
home appliances.

Please call or email your representative and urge them to cosponsor the
Greater Access and Independence through Nonvisual Access Technology (GAIN)
Act if they have not already done so. A complete list of current cosponsors
is included at the end of this email.

When you call or email, you might say something like the following:

"Hello, my name is [your name] and I am a constituent of [your
representative]. I live in [city, state]. I am calling to urge [your
representative] to cosponsor H.R. 3929, the Greater Access and Independence
through Nonvisual Access Technology (GAIN) Act. This legislation permits the
Access Board to establish nonvisual accessibility guidelines for
manufacturers, conduct training on these guidelines, and give authority to
appropriate agencies to enforce these guidelines pertaining to home use
medical devices, exercise equipment, and home appliances.

Thanks."

You can contact your member of Congress by calling the Capitol Switchboard
and asking for the office in question. The number is 202-224-3121. If you
email your representative, please copy John Pare at jpare at nfb.org
<mailto:jpare at nfb.org> . Your calls and emails do make a difference.

Greater Access and Independence through Nonvisual Access Technology (GAIN)
Act H.R. 3929

Rep. Davis, Susan A. [D-CA-53]

Rep. DeSaulnier, Mark [D-CA-11]

Rep. Blunt Rochester, Lisa [D-DE-At Large]

Rep. Cooper, Jim [D-TN-5]

Thanks for taking a few moments to call. Your calls do make a difference.

Shelia Wright, President

7928 NW Milrey Drive, Kansas City, MO 64152

816-741-6402

President at nfbmo.org <mailto:President at nfbmo.org>

www.nfbmo.org <http://www.nfbmo.org>