[NFBMO] Notes to Missourians About Convention Which has Begun

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 21:09:13 UTC 2020

July 14, 2020

Hello Missouri Family and Friends,

Our National NFB convention started this morning with a variety of seminars
being offered to kick off the week. I heard several of you this morning
bright and early in the Presidential Suite. I want to mention several things
here before we all get totally immersed in the convention. Please remember
that all times are in eastern daylight savings time so remember to convert
times to our time zone. I initially planned to make those adjustments here
but found that might be more confusing than helpful. Decided I should go
with consistency.

             Wednesday afternoon, at 2:00 will be the National Board of
Directors meeting which is open to everyone.  One of the highlights of the
board meeting, is the introduction of the 2020 national scholarship class
and the hope that we might just learn about where the 2021 national
convention is going to be held.

After a short break, the Resolution Committee will consider this year's
proposed resolutions. Resolutions is an important part of our convention and
where we set policy. Please attend this meeting or read over the resolutions
that will be posted three hours after the committee meeting adjourns. If you
miss the meeting, you can read them by going to NFB.org/resolutions before
our Missouri Caucus.

Thursday afternoon, July 16, from 1:00 to 5:00, you will have the
opportunity to participate in a variety of division meetings. Check out
these meetings. There's something for everyone.

Thursday evening, from 6:30 to 9:30 will be the official opening ceremonies
of the convention.  Please make every effort to join this very special event
as we will have exciting activities throughout the evening such as the
"Celebration of Freedom" to honor our military veterans, and the "roll call
of states" where I will be recognizing the NFB of Missouri and our
delegation.

I want to especially draw your attention to our Missouri caucus and strongly
encourage all of you to join us Friday morning, July 17, from 11:00 a.m. to
1:00 p.m. for the state affiliate caucus.  We will be discussing resolutions
that will be coming to the convention floor,   as well as issues of concern
to Missourians. Here is the one touch link to join the Missouri caucus:

https://zoom.us/j/7148529230

or by phone:

312-626-6799

meeting id: 7148529230.

General sessions will begin Friday afternoon from 1:30 to 5:00 and from 6:30
to 9:30 Friday evening.  Of course, the highlight of the Friday general
sessions will be the Presidential report by President Riccobono.

Saturday afternoon July 18, we will have the business session of the
convention from 1:00 to 3:00 and from 3:30 to 6:30 which will include the
reading of the financial report, voting on resolutions, and the election of
national officers and six board positions.

Saturday evening from 7:30 to 9:30 will be the banquet which has always been
the highlight of the entire convention.  We will have the banquet address
given by President Riccobono, awards, and the presentation of scholarships
to the 2020 scholarship Class.  You can find further details of the
convention and the meeting id numbers for various meetings and activities by
reading the convention agenda.

I hope that each of you will have a wonderful convention and take away many
new ideas to help you transform your dreams into reality. If you need any
assistance during the convention, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Shelia

Shelia Wright, President

7928 NW Milrey Drive, Kansas City, MO 64152

816-741-6402

President at nfbmo.org <mailto:President at nfbmo.org>

www.nfbmo.org <http://www.nfbmo.org>