[NFBMO] Draft budget would keep Amtrak Missouri River Runner round trips

Cory McMahon cory.j.mcmahon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 16:41:07 UTC 2020

Please note that it is not known when the legislature will return to the
Capitol. Yesterday, it was announced that a Missouri House member from the
Kansas City area tested positive for the coronavirus, and capitol employees
have been directed to not go into the Capitol for ten days. The legislature
is on their annual spring break now, and things are quite fluid. Also
yesterday, during Governor Parson's daily press briefing, he reported that
he had a conference call with legislative leaders of both parties; however,
beyond noting that he told them: "this is not a political issue, and I hope
that people don't make this a political issue", no other specifics were
given as to what he discussed with legislative leaders. Moreover, he's said:
"We're going to have to think about the budget differently this year." We're
in unprecedented times-so there's a real possibility that the budget which
the House budget committee voted out on March 16 will look quite different
in coming weeks. I don't know more than that; but, I'll try to keep folks as
up-to-date as possible.

Sincerely,

Cory McMahon