[NFBMO] SSDI recipients and others are eligible for Stimulus checks

GeneCoulter at Charter.net GeneCoulter at Charter.net
Tue Mar 31 20:52:48 UTC 2020

If you filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return you  will automatically receive a
stimulus check.

However, if you did not file a tax return you can still get a check. To do
so you will need to complete a simplified tax return which will be available
shortly. Information can be found at www.IRS.Gov/CoronaVirus
<http://www.IRS.Gov/CoronaVirus>

I pasted below information directly from the IRS website. There more answers
to questions there.

Gene Coulter

mation to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments
immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

I am not typically required to file a tax return. Can I still receive my
payment?

Yes. People who typically do not file a tax return will need to file a
simple tax return to receive an economic impact payment. Low-income
taxpayers, senior citizens, Social Security recipients, some veterans and
individuals with disabilities who are otherwise not required to file a tax
return will not owe tax.

How can I file the tax return needed to receive my economic impact payment?

IRS.gov/coronavirus <https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus>  will soon provide
information instructing people in these groups on how to file a 2019 tax
return with simple, but necessa