[NFBMO] NFB of Missouri State Convention Agenda -CorrectedFW: The 2020 Annual State Convention Agenda - June 5-7

Rita Lynch ralynch1950 at embarqmail.com
Fri May 29 19:54:06 UTC 2020

        Here it is, Susan. Good to hear from you!

Rita

Agenda

FIFTY-EIGHTH ANNUAL CONVENTION

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

OF MISSOURI

June 5, 6, 7, 2020

Together At Home

All Across Missouri and Beyond

Via Zoom

blindness is not what holds you back.

Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
Constitution.

If there are images in this attachment, they will not be displayed.
Download the original attachment

Welcome to our fifty-Eighth annual state convention

Members of the Lewis & Clark Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind
of Missouri are proud to host this year's annual state convention and the
NFB of Missouri's first ever Virtual Convention. We want to extend a warm
welcome to each of you.

Those who are registered for the convention can connect to all convention
activities via Zoom. Most of the convention will be occurring on the NFB of
Missouri account which is #7148529230. There are two meetings on Friday that
will have a different access ID number; these will be the Parents of Blind
Children Seminar and the Resolutions Committee. The access ID for these two
meetings is #5732684245. We have directions and numbers to help you connect
on the back page of this agenda and on our webpage at HTTPS://NFBMO.ORG

Door prizes will be given throughout the convention, and each chapter is
encouraged to send their donations to Jenny Carmack, Door Prize Chair, of
our Lewis and Clark Chapter.

You must be registered for the convention to be eligible for door prizes.
When a name is drawn, the individual must raise their hand.  Each person who
wins a door prize will be contacted by the Lewis & Clark Chapter after the
convention to make arrangements to get your door prize to you.

We are pleased to have Jeannie Massay, as our National Representative.
Jeannie is here on behalf of President Mark Riccobono. She is Treasurer of
our National Federation of the Blind Board of Directors, Chair of our
National Membership Committee, and President of the National Federation of
the Blind of Oklahoma.

Our Transition and Change: The Opportunities Hiding inside the Fear Seminar
on Friday afternoon is one of the events on Friday you don't want to miss.
The seminar will be from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Below is a brief description of
what to expect.

The National Federation of The Blind talks a lot about philosophy, but after
you've heard all the words, what are the real techniques that make living
with blindness not only possible but doable and enjoyable? Can blind people
live by themselves, cook and clean, buy clothes, arrange them, and dress
attractively? If we are blind and diabetic, can we manage our diabetes, and
if so, how can we do it? Can we handle daily routine tasks such as banking,
grocery shopping, and paying bills? What do we do with that stack of mail
that ends up arriving in print? To find the answers to these questions and
those that come up during the course of the seminar, please join us on
Friday, June 5 from 1 PM to 4 PM. Admission is free, and you are guaranteed
a chair. Please register for the convention so you will be eligible for the
door prizes drawn during the seminar.

The National Federation of the Blind of Missouri appreciates our Corporate
Sponsors. This year we will be offering a Corporate Sponsor Showcase on
Friday afternoon from 4:15 to 5:15 PM. We encourage you to join and learn
more about our 2020 Corporate Sponsor and the products they carry.

Thank you NanoPac, Inc. for being a 2020 Silver Sponsor for our 58th Annual
State Convention!

NanoPac provides sales and service of AT products for low vision and
blindness.  With 4 representatives assigned to the state of Missouri we
offer solutions including Braille displays/notetakers, Braille embossers,
screen reading and magnification software, GPS, digital talking book
players, scan/read/Braille systems, and video magnifiers.

www.nanopac.com

FRIDAY, June 5, 2020

FRIDAY MORNING

8:30 AM - 9:15 AM - Gentle Yoga for Beginners by Blind Alive Hosted by Dacia
Cole and the Missouri Sports & Recreation Committee

10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - National Federation of the Blind of Missouri Board of
Directors Meeting

FRIDAY AFTERNOON

1:00 PM - 4:00 PM - Transition and Change: The Opportunities Hiding Inside
the Fear - Debbie Wunder, Seminar Coordinator

4:15 PM - 5:15 PM - Corporate Sponsor Showcase - Vincent A.    Cianfrone,
NanoPac, Inc.

FRIDAY EVENING

6:30 PM - 7:30 PM - Parents of Blind Children Seminar - Linda Coccovizzo,
Chair, Missouri Parents of Blind Children Group

6:45 - 7:45 PM - Missouri Association of Guide Dog Users - Stephanie
McDowell, President

8:00 PM - Resolutions Committee - Gary Wunder, Chair

8:30 PM - Missouri Association of Blind Students Seminar -Roman Solano,
President

Saturday Morning, June 6

General Session

9:30 AM - Call to order

9:35 AM - Opening Ceremonies Presented by the Lewis & Clark Chapter -
Christopher Tisdal, President

9:45 AM - Convention Starters

10:00 AM - A Bridge between Our National President and You - Jeannie Massay,
National Representative and Treasurer of the National Federation of the
Blind Board of Directors

10:40 AM - Fit Break - Missouri Cane Drivers

10:45 AM - Meeting the Challenges in Today's World - Keith Roderick, Deputy
Director, Rehabilitation Services for the Blind, Family Support Division,
Missouri Department of Social Services

11:10 AM - At Your Library and Beyond - Leslie Bowman, Director, Wolfner
Braille and Talking Book Library

11:35 AM - I Can Connect - Brenda Whitlock, Missouri Coordinator, Missouri
Assistive Technology Project

11:55 AM - Morning Wrap-Up

12:00 PM - Adjourn For Lunch

Saturday Afternoon Session

1:30 PM - Chapter Presentations: Who Will Be King & Queen for 2020? - Carol
Morgan, Chair, Ways and Means Committee

1:40 PM - My Path to A STEM Career - Gregory R. Bowman, Associate Professor,
Director Folding at home, Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biophysics,

2:05 PM - Embracing Change Creating New Opportunities, and Expanding
Personal Career Goals - Daniel Garcia, Julie McGinnity, and Robin House

2:35 PM - NFB Education and Outreach Programs for Youth - Jenny Carmack

2:50 PM - Blind Mentors for My Child - Carla Kearns, Board Member, National
Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC)

3:00 PM - Fit Break - Missouri Cane Drivers

3:05 PM - Blind Hockey:  An Emerging Sport - Sean Borah, Captain, Saint
Louis Blues Blind Hockey Team

3:30 PM - Run, Walk, or Roll - Annie Donnell, President, Achilles
International, St. Louis

3:45 PM - My First Washington Seminar - Seyoon Choi, Student, Saint Louis
University

3:55 PM - Comments & Announcements

4:00 PM - Adjourn

Saturday Evening Banquet

7:00 PM - Banquet of the National Federation of the Blind of Missouri -
Randy Carmack, Master of Ceremonies

·       Invocation

·       Crowning of the King and Queen

·       Recognition of Corporate Sponsor

·       Introduction of Special Guests

·       Presentation of Scholarships and Special Awards

·       Banquet Address: Jeannie Massay, National Representative and
President of the National Federation of the Blind of Oklahoma

SUNDAY, June 7

Final General Session

2:00 PM - Call to Order

2:05 PM - Presidential Report - Shelia Wright

2:30 PM - Report of the Audit Committee - Gene Fleeman, Chairman, NFB of
Missouri Audit Committee

2:40 PM - Treasurer's Report - Carol Coulter, Treasurer

2:55 PM - Building the Federation - Jeannie Massay, National Membership
Chair, National Federation of the Blind

3:15 PM - Resolutions and other Business

3:30 PM - This Job Qualifies As Essential and We Need All of You As
Workers - Carol Morgan, Chair, Ways & Means Committee

3:40 PM - Old Business

3:50 PM - New Business:

          Appropriation of Funds to tenBroek, National Treasury, Jernigan,
Sun, National Convention Stipend, 2021 NFB of Missouri Scholarship Program,
etc.

4:00 PM - Adjourn

Where to find us on Zoom

There are three ways to join the convention on Zoom.

. Connect by telephone by dialing: 312-626-6799 and using Meeeting ID
#7148529230.

. If you can connect by using the internet or a Zoom App on your computer or
smart  phone simply use the URL that follows: HTTPS://ZOOM.US/j/7148529230.

. If you have this document or a convention announcement on your device, you
can tap on the link and it will put you directly into the meeting.

There will be two meetings on Gary Wunder's Account. On Friday evening.

The dial-in number is 646-558-8665

And the ID is 5732684245.

The URL link is: HTTP://ZOOM.US/J/5732684245

During our convention, if you need help to connect, you can contact Gary
Wunder at 573-874-1774.

Please know that when you join the Zoom meeting, you will be muted. This
will be true on Saturday and Sunday Sessions. To be recognized and speak on
the floor you will need to raise your hand and wait to be recognized. The
cohost will unmute you when it is your turn to speak. You should be sure
that you have been muted after you speak.

Thank you for participating in our first virtual convention.

Shelia Wright, President

7928 NW Milrey Drive, Kansas City, MO 64152

816-741-6402

President at nfbmo.org

www.nfbmo.org