[NFBMO] Question about making computer technology 100% accessible

Randy C randycarmack at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 22:47:22 UTC 2020

I would like to add a positive note to your current discussion.  As you
know, I have been recently working with Drupal 8 (Drupal is a website
programming software).  One difference that I noticed right away from
Drupal 7 is that Drupal 8 will not allow you to add an image without also
adding "Alt Text".  Now, it has no way of knowing that the text that you
enter has anything to do with the image shown but it does force the
developer to consider the blind community when developing websites.  Some
developers still may choose to type in garbage or "This is a picture" but I
still consider this a step in the right direction.

Just keep holding the Tech Community accountable.  You are making a
difference.

Thanks,
Randy Carmack
NFBMO.org Website Administrator/Developer