[NFBMO] Question about making computer technology 100% accessible

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 12 21:31:55 UTC 2020

I couldn't agree more with the concept. I am wrestling with how we might
implement this. Software developers, like authors, professors, artists,
musicians, and poets are always looking for a way to be unique, to make
their product stand out. One of the problems screen readers have is that
people don't always use the functions that Microsoft provides in Windows for
designating a button, a check box, a list box, etc. They think that the way
they draw the buttons on the screen makes their product stand out. For all
of Microsoft's interest in accessibility, they have wanted to evangelize
rather than enforce. Perhaps this will change over time, and what was once
acceptable becomes unacceptable. But again, I love the idea!