[NFBMO] From the Chapter President's Mailing List: April Calendar of Senior Events

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 00:50:56 UTC 2021

Sent: Thursday, April 1, 2021 8:46 AM
Subject: [Chapter-Presidents] April Calendar of Senior Events

Hi You All
RE: Pasted in below and attached

April 2021 Calendar of Seniors Meetings

JAWS Users- Insert+F6 will give you a HEADINGS LIST for quick navigation.

*Apr. 1st (Set Day- First or second Thursday of the month)
Idaho Senior Division - All are Welcome

We have several methods for meeting, however, for now, all of us are only meeting by phone! And we are all praying for you!

Seniors from the Treasure Valley Chapter, in Boise, meet the first, or second Thursday at noon for lunch. Other seniors around the state join in on the Idaho Gems Phone Chapter, which meets on the first Monday of the month.

Contact Person: President: Vel Slotten

Phone- 208-345-1018

*Apr. 1st (Set Day- First Thursday of the month)
Florida Senior Group - All are Welcome

Time: 8:00 PM ET

Topic: We would like your suggestions of topics for April - and for future months too! If we have enough suggestions, we can use them for the summer months as well.

You can text your suggestions to me at 813-340-9754 or email them to me at glorianfbf at gmail.com<mailto:glorianfbf at gmail.com>

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://zoom.us/j/99374511935
One Tap:
+13126266799,,99374511935# US (Chicago)
+16468769923,,99374511935# US (New York)
Dial by your location:
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) or
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 993 7451 1935

*Apr. 2nd (Set Day- Each Friday in the month)
NFB of Arizona Senior Division - All are Welcome
We have a weekly Zoom meeting for seniors!
Time: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM MT

Topic: SAAVI is offering an opportunity for seniors to meet from throughout Arizona. An occasion to discuss issues of importance like tips and tricks for living with blindness; resources; just sharing experiences, and insight.

If you have difficulty accessing Zoom either by phone or computer, please phone me prior to the meeting and we will make efforts to work it out.
Connie Leblond
480-489-1247

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://zoom.us/j/193756810
One Tap:
+16699006833,,193756810# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,193756810# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location:
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 193 756 810

*Apr. 2nd (Set Day- First Friday in the month)
Maryland Seniors monthly call: sponsored by Blind Industries and Services of Maryland - All are Welcome
Brian Holley and Sondra Burchette are the facilitators
Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET
Phone#: 1-605-313-4818
Access code: 720125#

One Tab:

6053134818,, 720125#

*Apr. 8th (Set Day- Second Thursday of the month; Excluding July)
NFB of Alabama Seniors Division - All are Welcome

Time: 7:00 PM CT
Phone# 563-999-2432
Access code: 813429#
One Tap:
563-999-2432,, 813429#

*Apr. 9th (Set Day- Each Friday in the month)
[...]

*Apr. 12th (Set Day- Second Monday of the month; Excluding July)
NFB of Nebraska Senior Division - Visitors are Welcome
Time: 7:00 PM CT

Topic: We will discuss how and why a blind person can and must achieve a save living situation. Such as- When someone unannounced knocks at your front door? What kind of low- and high-tech options are members using to secure their homes from unlawful entry? And more.

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://zoom.us/j/95970633927?pwd=UHNWZ2lEY2FrUWxXSlg0S2t5YXFkUT09
One tap:
+13462487799,,95970633927#,,,,,,0#,,170591# US (Houston)
+14086380968,,95970633927#,,,,,,0#,,170591# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location:
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 959 7063 3927
Passcode: 170591
*Apr. 12th (Set Day, Second Monday of the month; Excluding
July)
New Mexico, Senior Action Group Energy (SAGE) - All are Welcome

time: 7:15 PM MT

Topic: Please come join New Mexico's Senior Action Group Energy/Member at Large group as we join forces with Jesica Beechem. It is your right to stay healthy whether you are one hundred or one. Learn the ins and outs on how to do it.
Come join us whether you are a senior or a youngster, all are welcome. If you have any questions about our meeting or if you just want to talk to someone about blindness, feel free to contact me.

Veronica smith
President, Senior Action Group Energy (SAGE)
(505) 269-1034

Note: SAGE will be moving to a new day. Come May you will find our meeting on the second Wednesday of each month and more than likely we will have the same numbers every month which will be a welcomed change.

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://zoom.us/j/98880062047
One tap mobile:
+13462487799,,98880062047# US (Houston)
+14086380968,,98880062047# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location:
+1346-248-7799
+1408-638-0968
Meeting ID: 988 8006 2047

*Apr. 15th NOT THIS MONTH (Set Day- Third Thursday of each odd numbered month)
NFB of South Carolina Senior Division - All are Welcome
Time: 2:00 PM ET
Phone#: 605-475-2875
Access code: 4838754

*Apr. 16th (Set Day- Each Friday in the month)
[...]

*Apr. 18th (Set Day- Third Sunday of the month; Excluding December)
NFB of Ohio Seniors Division - All are Welcome
Join our Sharing Solutions monthly teleconference
Time: 7:00 PM ET
Phone#: 712-775-7031
Access code: 240281423#
One Tap for a Smart Phone; not Zoom call:
7127757031,,240281423#

*Apr. 19th (Set Day- Third Monday of the month; Excluding July, August,
December)
NFB of New Jersey Senior Division - All are Welcome
Time: 7:00 pm ET

Topic: April Senior Division Meeting

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://zoom.us/j/6477660103?pwd=cDgrOFphTUlRWlZ1RDZ2UUVBNUVaQT09
One tap mobile:
+16468769923,,6477660103#,,,,*877775# US (New York)
+13017158592,,6477660103#,,,,*877775# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location:
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 647 766 0103
Passcode: 877775

*Apr. 20th (Set Day- Third Tuesday of the month; Excluding December)

NFB of Georgia Seniors Division - All are Welcome
Time: 8:00 PM ET

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://zoom.us/j/95539617118
 One tap mobile:
+16468769923,,95539617118#
Dial from your location:
1646-876-9923
Meeting ID: 95539617118#

*Apr. 20th (No Set Day)
NFB Seniors Division -third Instructional Conference call of 2021 - All are welcome

Time: 4:00 PM ET

Topic: Non-24 Sleep Wake Disorder; our special presenter is- Jennifer Lyman, R.N., B.S.
Nurse Educator-Midwest, Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Here is what she wrote as an intro:

Many of you may have heard of Non-24 Sleep Wake Disorder (also called Non-24). It's a serious & rare circadian rhythm disorder and people living with Non-24 experience sleep struggles and excessive daytime sleepiness which can impair social and occupational functioning. It's often misdiagnosed. Vanda Pharmaceutical has a specialized team of Registered Nurse Educators who raise awareness of Non-24 through education and community outreach at events and support groups for the visually impaired.
You don't have to be totally blind to have Non-24, but if you are totally blind, you are at a higher risk of developing it. Learn how to recognize the symptoms, how to talk to your doctor or family & friends is what our Nurse Educators and Health Educators do for those who feel they may need help.

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://zoom.us/j/92237336839?pwd=Mm9yTmZDRmxWaGgzZ1cyVjdwcVpPUT09
One tap mobile:
+13017158592,,92237336839#,,,,*345# US (Washington DC)
+16468769923,,92237336839#,,,,*345# US (New York)
Dial by your location:
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 922 3733 6839
Passcode: 345

*Apr. 23rd (Set Day- Each Friday in the month)
[...]

*Apr. 24th (Set Day- Fourth Saturday of the month; excluding December)
NFB of Washington Seniors Group - All are Welcome
Time: 12:00 PM PT

Topic: Gardening with Suzi. We will all share tips, suggestions and build community.

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81784891088?pwd=Ry9iWER2R0gxYldkN3RvV1p3d0dWUT09
One tap mobile:
+12532158782,,81784891088#,,,,*023961# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location:
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 817 8489 1088
Passcode: 023961

*Apr. 27th (Set Day- Fourth Tuesday of the month; Excluding November, December)
NFB of Kansas Seniors Division - All are Welcome

Time: 7:00 PM CT

Phone#: 916-235-1420

Access code: 879925#

Second code: 25463#

One Tap:

9162351420,,879925#,,25463#

Topic: guest speaker Susan Day, PT will talk about the importance of good foot care; exercises to improve balance; and, how to think about house organizing for safely moving around.

*Apr. 28th (Set Day- Fourth Wednesday of the month; Excluding December)
NFB of Virginia Seniors Division - All Are Welcome
Time: 7:00 PM ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345

One Tap:

+16468769923,,8297256345# US (New York)

+13126266799,,8297256345# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location:

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

*Apr. 30th (Set Day- Each Friday in the month)
[...]

Respectfully yours,
Robert Leslie Newman
NFBN Senior Division, President
NFB Seniors Division, Second Vice President
NFBN Omaha Chapter, Secretary