[NFBMO] Instant Pot Smart Bluetooth

Coccovizzo,Linda A Linda.Coccovizzo at mcckc.edu
Sun Apr 25 21:43:40 UTC 2021

Hi all. I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who owns the Instant Pot Smart Bluetooth models. They discontinued those in 2019, but they also removed the apps from GooglePlay, and the App store, that allow us to connect the devices with our tablets or mobile devices. From what I can figure, this app removal took place around 5 months ago. IDevice users, just be aware, if you get a new phone, or back up and reset your phone for any reason, you will not be able to recover the app. It looks like the app can be found for android users to sideload, but I am not sure how accessible that was at last update. I am planning on reaching out to see if anything can be done, because this renders these devices inaccessible for many blind users. Instant Pot was very aware of its blind patronage, so this is very concerning to me. Stay tuned.

Linda C.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.