[NFBMO] Kenneth Jernigan Award; On behalf of Robin House!

cktisdal at charter.net cktisdal at charter.net
Thu Jan 28 06:00:42 UTC 2021

It is that time of the year again!  Anxiously awaiting for Spring to get

here, the surprise of something new coming along, and our NFB of Missouri

annual State Convention!!

Do you know someone who is visually impaired in the National Federation of

the Blind of Missouri who has done outstanding work for an extended period

of time for the Federation and the blind community? If so, you might want

to nominate them for the Kenneth Jernigan Award. This award is not an annual

award and is presented only as often as there is a candidate deserving of

the highest honor with which we have to present to our colleagues in the

Federation.

This is an award presented to a single individual who is in the

Missouri Affiliate as well as a resident of our great state. The guidelines

to follow are below. Please submit a written  nomination by email to:

Robin House: Committee Chair

Email: Robin at mindsrealms.net <mailto:Robin at mindsrealms.net>

All nominations must be received no later than 6 p.m. on February 20, 2021.

6.1 The Jernigan Award is presented by the Missouri Affiliate of the
National

Federation of the Blind to a Federationist who has performed outstanding

service to his fellow blind over a prolonged period of time. A recipient of

this award shall be a resident of the State of Missouri.

6.13 The recipient of this award shall be an active member of the National

Federation of the Blind's Missouri Affiliate.

6.15 The Jernigan Award shall be presented to one individual. Awards to

families and couples shall be prohibited.

Look forward to receiving your nominations!

All nominations must be emailed directly to Robin House, all nominations are
confidential.

Sincerely,

Robin House 2021 Committee Chair : Kenneth Jernigan Award

Email: robin at mindsrealm.net <mailto:robin at mindsrealm.net>