[NFBMO] Information about NFB of Missouri on state information on Newsline

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 30 18:35:33 UTC 2021

Dear Friends:

Earlier today during the first part of our state board meeting I informed you that we had changed the wording about the NFB of Missouri on the state information channel in NFB Newsline.

Below my signature you can find the current text.

Regards

Daniel Garcia, Public Relations Chair
dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
(816) 621-0902
www.nfb.org
www.nfbmo.org
Live the life you want.

***

Number Three. The National Federation of the Blind of Missouri. The National Federation of the Blind of Missouri is one of 52 affiliates of the National Federation of the Blind, the nation's largest, oldest, and most effective membership-based civil rights and self-advocacy organization of the blind. We are a 501 (c)(3) organization dedicated to promoting equality, opportunity, and security for the blind through our legislative, legal, and advocacy programs as well as by increasing public awareness of the capabilities of the blind. The underlying philosophy of the Federation is that the real problem of blindness is not the physical fact of blindness itself, but the social barriers and low expectations of the blind which create obstacles between blind people and our dream of living rewarding and productive lives. Every year during the summer the National Federation of the Blind sponsors the BELL (Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning) Academy, which provides children with Braille and nonvisual skills instruction through fun, hands-on learning activities. Our organization also awards state and national scholarships to help blind students pursue a post-secondary education. In addition, we serve as a network to support parents of blind children and blind parents. Furthermore, our members mentor, give encouragement, and provide resources to newly blinded individuals to help them adjust to their new journey through blindness. The local programs in Missouri are staffed exclusively by volunteers who believe that working Together with love, hope, and determination, we can transform our dreams into reality. To learn more about the programs of the National Federation of the Blind of Missouri please visit our website: w w w dot n f b m o dot o r g. You can also call us at 8 1 6, 7 4 1, 6 4 0 2, email us at p r e s i d e  n t at n f b m o dot o r g, or write to us by sending a letter to: Shelia Wright, 7 9 2 8, Northwest, Milrey Drive, Kansas City, Missouri 6 4 1 5 2. The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.