[NFBMO] Fwd: FRA Email to the LIST Serve

Roger Crome r_crome1 at msn.com
Mon Jun 28 15:21:27 UTC 2021

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chris Tisdal <cktisdal at gmail.com>
Date: June 28, 2021 at 1:33:05 AM CDT
To: r_crome1 at msn.com
Subject: FRA Email to the LIST Serve

Hey Roger,

Here is what I have come up with, PLEASE look it over and make any
changes you think it needs.  Also, please go a head and put it out on
the List Serve, I cannot get it to send.

Warmly,

Christopher
-----------------------

Hey Missouri Affiliate,

At the State Board Meeting which was held last Saturday June 26, 2021;
the subject of the Federal Reimbursement Allowance(FRA) was brought up
again. This issue was address by the Governmental Affairs Committee
back in May and needs more URGENT attention.

We are asking all Missouri Affiliate members, their friends and
families to call or email their State Senators and their State
Representatives to ask them to immediately    pass the FRA.  Governor
Parson has called the Legislators back this month as a special session
to get this done; they have until June 30, 2021.

I have also copied the email that Roger Crome, Governmental Affairs
Chair, sent out on May 13, 2021, for people to get a better
understanding of what the FRA is and why we need to get this passed.

Here is the IMPORTANT part of Rogers Crome’s email from May 13, 2021.!

The Federal Reimbursement Allowance assesses hospitals in the state a
fee for the privilege of doing business in the state.  The fee is a
General Revenue
equivalent, and when used to make valid Medicaid payments, it earns
Medicaid matching funds.  These matching funds are crucial to
providing medical services
for Medicaid recipients as well as providing a significant boost to
the stability of our state budget.  Unfortunately, there have been
some hold ups within
the budget process with regard to this specific leveraging tool.  The
FRA has been included in several bills and is being used as a
political tool to achieve
priorities that are not necessarily connected to the purpose and
necessity of this bill.
What needs to occur is that the legislature should pass a clean copy
of the Federal Reimbursement Allowance.  This means that they address
the specific
point but do not connect political aspirations to it.  It should stand
alone, as on its own merit, it is a necessary part of our budget.
The state legislature ends their session tomorrow, May 14th, and if
they do not pass the FRA by that time, it will have to wait until
special session in
September.  With July 1st being the beginning of the state fiscal
year, this leaves two months in which Medicaid and other state
budgetary items could
see significant withholds.
The Governmental Affairs Committee would like to ask you to please
reach out to your state legislators tomorrow morning and tell them to
pass a clean copy
of the FRA.  If you do not have your state legislator’s phone numbers,
dial the state switchboard at (573)751-2000.  The operators should be
able to point
you in the right direction.
Thanks for all you do.  Feel free to reach out to me by email at
r_crome1 at msn.com
or by phone at (573)701-8409 with any questions.
Thank you in advance.
Roger Crome
GA Committee Chair

Thank you for your participation in getting the FRA pass as soon as possible.

Warmly,

Christopher Tisdal