[NFBMO] FW: [NFB-Legislative-Directors] Senator Thune to Speak at 10:45 a.m. Eastern

Dennis Miller millerdennis893 at gmail.com
Thu May 27 13:15:41 UTC 2021

From: NFB-Legislative-Directors [mailto:nfb-legislative-directors-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Pare, John via NFB-Legislative-Directors
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2021 7:57 AM
To: NFB Legislative Directors List
Cc: Pare, John
Subject: [NFB-Legislative-Directors] Senator Thune to Speak at 10:45 a.m. Eastern

Colleagues:

Senator Thune plans to speak this morning at 10:45 a.m. eastern from the floor of the Senate regarding his automated vehicles amendment. It should be available on C-SPAN 2.

He plans to mention the NFB and will likely withdraw his amendment due to lack of support. We should keep advocating. Also, it is better for him to withdraw the amendment than for it to be defeated.

Please note that the floor schedule is unpredictable and that he could speak several minutes before or after 10:45.

John

John G. Paré Jr.

Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street

Baltimore, MD 21230

Telephone: (410) 659-9314, extension 2218

Cell phone: (410) 917-1965

Email: jpare at nfb.org