[NFBMO] FW: [NFB-Legislative-Directors] Update on ATAA in Build Back Better Act

Dennis Miller millerdennis893 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 22:43:19 UTC 2021

From: NFB-Legislative-Directors [mailto:nfb-legislative-directors-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Pare, John via NFB-Legislative-Directors
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2021 5:16 PM
To: NFB Legislative Directors List
Cc: Pare, John
Subject: [NFB-Legislative-Directors] Update on ATAA in Build Back Better Act

Dear Legislative Directors:

A new version of the Build Back Better Act (H.R. 5376) was released earlier today. Unfortunately, the Access Technology Affordability Act was not restored to the bill. We anticipate the House will move quickly to pass this version of the bill. Even if this happens, there is still a possibility we can get the ATAA restored when the bill goes to the Senate. We will keep you updated on our strategy. For the time being, please continue to advocate with both Speaker Pelosi’s and Majority Leader Schumer’s offices.

John

John G. Paré Jr.

Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, extension 2218 | Jpare at nfb.org

 <https://nfb.org/> National Federation of the Blind

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind> Facebook     <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice> Twitter     <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind> Youtube