[NFBMO] Glory Federation Lyrics

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 01:54:00 UTC 2022

From: Daniel Garcia
Sent: Tuesday, April 5, 2022 9:05 PM
To: NFB of Missouri Mailing List (nfbmo at nfbnet.org) <nfbmo at nfbnet.org>
Subject: Glory Federation Lyrics

Dear Friends:

On behalf of Amy Wilson, Chair of our Sports & Rec Committee, I am sending you the lyrics to Glory Federation. Below the lyrics are links to 2 versions sang by 2 different groups, so that you can get a sense of the timing.

We will be practicing this song during the next Sports & Rec meeting on May 3. We need to practice, so we can sing int again at our next convention.

** Battle Song of the NFB
Tune: "The Battle Hymn of the Republic"
Words by Floyd Fields and Josephine Huff

1. Blind eyes have seen the vision of the Federation way.
New White Cane legislation brings the dawn of a new day.
The right of the blind to organize is truly here to stay.
Our cause goes marching on.

(Refrain:) Glory, glory, Federation,
Glory, glory, Federation,
Glory, glory, Federation,
Our cause goes marching on.

2. We have seen it in the action of four hundred chapters strong.
Good leadership and courage have righted many a wrong.
Let's aid NFB's program and join in its battle song.
Our cause goes marching on.
(Refrain)

3. TenBroek has sounded trumpet which shall never sound "retreat."
We have sifted out the hearts of blind before our judgment seat.
Oh, be swift all blind to answer, and be jubilant your feet.
Our cause goes marching on.
(Refrain)

4. To aid the blind's long struggle we have formed the NFB
To free them from their bondage of workshop and agency,
To give a hand to all the blind wherever they may be.
Our cause goes marching on.
(Refrain)

https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/nfb_songs/glory_glory_federation_pa.mp3
Recorded by the NFB of Pennsylvania.

https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/nfb_songs/01-battle-hymn-of-the-nfb.mp3
Recorded by the Cane Raisers of the Sligo Creek Chapter, National Federation of the Blind of Maryland.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel Garcia, Corresponding Secretary
dangarcia3 at hotmail.com<mailto:dangarcia3 at hotmail.com>