[NFBMO] Fw: Important Investments in Our Communities

Kathy Jerden redbear661 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 22:22:51 UTC 2022

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Congressman Emanuel Cleaver <emanuel.cleaver at capitolenews.com>To: "redbear661 at yahoo.com" <redbear661 at yahoo.com>Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 04:02:25 PM CDTSubject: Important Investments in Our Communities

|   |

| Click here to unsubscribe from these updates
|  |

|  | Unsubscribe | Forward to a Friend | Having trouble Viewing this Email? |

|   |
| Important Investments in Our Communities
Hello Neighbor,

Last month, the House of Representatives passed H.R. 8294, a package of government funding bills to keep the federal government running through Fiscal Year 2023 (FY23). I am thrilled to announce that, within that legislation, I was able to secure more than $38 million for 14 separate community projects across the Fifth Congressional District of Missouri.

With a focus on creating jobs, boosting economic development, investing in affordable housing, increasing sustainability efforts, and strengthening Missouri’s workforce, each of these projects will have a profound impact on local communities throughout our congressional district—and I’m proud to have shepherded the funding needed to make them possible through the House of Representatives.

While the legislation is still being negotiated by the U.S. Senate, I am confident that the annual budget bill signed into law by President Biden later this year will include these important investments in our communities—and I’ll do everything in my power to ensure that happens. Take a look below to see the various projects for which I was able to secure funding and the impact they will have on a community near you!
   - $4,600,000 to the City of Grandview for safety improvements to Blue Ridge Boulevard, including street resurfacing, an expansion of four lanes for traffic, miles of new sidewalk, a wide multi-use path, and all ADA-compliant intersections;
   - $4,000,000 to the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) for Low and No Emission Buses and Support Infrastructure to further incorporate battery-electric buses into the RideKC network, which will help our region transition to renewable energy and cut down on harmful pollution;
   - $4,000,000 to the Kansas City, Missouri Public Works Department to create an 18th Street Pedestrian Plaza, which will be located between The Paseo Boulevard and Woodland Avenue near the Historic 18th & Vine Entertainment District. The pedestrian plaza will be a flexible, multi-purpose assembly area that will allow for farmers' markets, festivals, outdoor concerts, and a general congregation area for the district residents;
   - $4,000,000 to the Kansas City, Missouri Parks & Recreation Department for a Bruce R. Watkins Connector Community Park Project, which will help reconnect and create additional recreational opportunities for the neighborhoods that were fractured by the Bruce R. Watkins Highway Project;
   - $4,000,000 to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce & Heartland Black Chamber of Commerce for a Minority Chamber of Commerce Development Center, helping two of the largest minority chambers unite in their missions to advance business development, workforce development, and leadership development for the betterment of people of color throughout the Fifth District;
   - $4,000,000 to the Urban Neighborhood Initiative to support a housing initiative intended to unlock the path to homeownership for residents in underserved communities;
   - $3,000,000 to the City of Independence for the Independence Historic Square Streetscape, which will make needed street modifications, including one-way and two-way conversions, parallel parking, sidewalks, ADA ramp improvements, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and safety improvements to streetlights;
   - $3,000,000 to the Raytown Parks & Recreation Department for Raytown Parks renovation and redevelopment, including improvements to the Kenagy Park pond, the installation of ADA-compliant facilities, and access to additional trails;
   - $3,000,000 to the City of Gladstone for an HVAC replacement at the Gladstone Community Center, which will help replace two indoor air quality units that service the Community Center's Natatorium;
   - $2,000,000 to Thank You Walt Disney, Inc. for the KC IMAGINE Project, which will help restore the historic Walt Disney studio in Kansas City and turn it into a center for digital media training, job creation, and entrepreneurship serving low-income Missourians in Kansas City;
   - $750,000 to Alphapointe for the Building Equitable Access to Community Opportunities Now (BEACON) Project, which will help to expand Alphapointe's current building and provide for the continued rehabilitation and training needs of disabled job seekers;
   - $750,000 to reStart Inc. for the Thriving Neighborhoods Through Cottage Communities Project, which will provide affordable single-family housing for low- and extremely low-income households to help prevent and end homelessness in Kansas City;
   - $750,000 to the Full Employment Council for a Career Technology Academy, where Missourians will be provided with training that leads to good-paying careers in a wide array of industries, including housing weatherization, information technology, advanced manufacturing, and more;
   - $400,000 to SAVE, Inc. for Pride Haven, which helps ensure homeless LGBTQ+ youth can access safe, welcoming, and accepting drop-in and overnight shelter.
Thank you for taking the time to read about the work I’m doing in Congress to help our communities continue grow in an equitable and sustainable fashion. If you would like more details on these projects, please visit my website here.

Sincerely,
|  |

EmanuelCleaver, II
Member ofCongress

 |  |

|  |
|  |
| Kansas City Office
4001 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Ste 210
Kansas City, MO 64130
Phone: 816-842-4545
Fax: 816-833-2991
 | Independence Office