[NFBMO] From the Chapter Presidents Mailing List: 2022 scholarship program–deadline quickly approaching

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 22:13:36 UTC 2022

From: Chapter-Presidents <chapter-presidents-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Danielsen, Chris via Chapter-Presidents
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2022 2:07 PM
To: chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org
Cc: Danielsen, Chris <CDanielsen at nfb.org>
Subject: [Chapter-Presidents] Promote 2022 scholarship program–deadline quickly approaching

[Image removed by sender.]
[Image removed by sender. National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life you want]<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfb.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cscascone%40nfb.org%7Ca3c53ed9a47545de73e808d9f3119f7a%7C538f3d4b739545cf93fa8dfc2b4a7f62%7C1%7C0%7C637808079291213339%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=1L0%2BR%2FtExhDgDSkTSdRopyrXYLIRUwZ4vUV3vWzVhYI%3D&reserved=0>
Share Opportunity with Blind Students in Your Chapter

Dear Chapter Presidents:

Applications for the 2022 National Federation of the Blind scholarship program are open, and we need your help. Please share the scholarship program flyer with students and families in your chapter<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24663&qid=6868167>. Spread the word by forwarding our informational flyer to mailing lists, posting links to the application on social media, and sharing information about the achievements of past recipients to inspire future applicants. This program is a crucial opportunity for recruiting outstanding and talented blind people to the Federation for the first time. Learn more about this program.

Overview of the Program and Applications

Each year, our organization awards a broad array of scholarships to recognize achievement by blind scholars. The NFB Scholarship Program is our investment in the future of blind people who demonstrate scholastic aptitude, leadership, and service.
·     The cash value of our thirty scholarships, $8,000 each, is only one aspect of this prestigious program.
·     Each winner also receives funding to travel to and attend the NFB’s national convention, where they have the opportunity to network with other blind students, to exchange information and ideas, and to meet and talk with hundreds of blind people who are successfully working in many occupations and professions.
·     All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted no later than March 31, 2022. A list of eligibility requirements, as well as documents containing answers to frequently asked questions, a submissions checklist and other supporting material can also be found on the scholarship webpage.
·     It’s an opportunity of a lifetime. Read and share my experience written in this Voice of the Nation's Blind Blog, So Much More than the Money: A Scholarship Story<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24641&qid=6868167>.

The 2022 online scholarship application is available at nfb.org/scholarships<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24632&qid=6868167>. Please share!

Thank you!

Thank you for all that you do to make our Federation the dynamic organization it is. Please contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Cayte Mendez

Scholarship Committee Chair

[Image removed by sender. Facebook Logo]<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24633&qid=6868167>
[Image removed by sender. Twitter Logo]<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24634&qid=6868167>
[Image removed by sender. Instagram Logo]<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24635&qid=6868167>
[Image removed by sender. YouTube Logo]<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24636&qid=6868167>
[Image removed by sender. Email Icon Image]<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24637&qid=6868167>
[Image removed by sender. Donate to the NFB Icon.]<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24638&qid=6868167>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314
Unsubscribe<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=18692&qid=6868167&h=e55e202f6d8ff71a> | Opt Out<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=18692&qid=6868167&h=e55e202f6d8ff71a> |  Sign Up for Our E-newsletter<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24639&qid=6868167>