[NFBMO] Final Convention Announcements For Missouri

Shelia Wright sbwright95 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 05:57:25 UTC 2022

Hello Missouri Federationists,

The countdown is here with just a few hours before the New Orleans Marriott
and the Sheridan is filled with Federationists. Travel begins tomorrow for a
fewMissourians and others will follow on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. We
have 54 preregistered with 32 who plan to be there in person. I believe that
number is growing everyday.

Monday evening, June 27, we had a preconvention caucus. A number of our
folks, who are participating in the convention, were not able to join us.
Therefore, I wanted to be sure and make several final announcements. .

Several of our members have asked if we can Zoom the caucus, I agreed that
we would try to do so but after talking with some of our tech experts and
remembering how slow internet connections can be at hotels, I am concerned
that the WIFI capacity may be overloaded and that the feasibility of getting
a connection and good sound quality may not be very likely. I am not even
certain at this point in what parts of the hotel we will have access to
WiFi. Therefore, I may have spoken with my heart instead of remembering
actual lessons gained by experience.

Our Affiliate Caucus will be on Thursday evening at 9:00 p.m. We will meet
in Studio 10. Please bring your banquet ticket with you if you want to sit
with the Missouri Delegation. We want to exchange our banquet tickets early
on Friday, if at all possible. We will also discuss our 2022 Resolutions and
answer any questions you may have. Come join us in Studio 10 to help us
welcome our first-timers and network with our Missouri Federation Family.

The Missouri Affiliate Table will be Table A-33. Please contact Jeff Giffen
and volunteer to help at the table. Jeff's mobile number is 517-575-1213.

As you see Missourians or former Missourians at the convention, please be
sure to invite them to our caucus.

Safe travels to all. Listen for a shout out to our members who are
participating in the virtual experience. Several of our chapters are hosting
a Banquet Listening Party. Enjoy the convention whether in person or
virtual!

Sincerely,

Shelia

P.S.  The Governor did sign S. 681 on June 30th. This is the bill which
included the BRITE Act.

Shelia Wright, President

7928 NW Milrey Drive, Kansas City, MO 64152

816-741-6402

President at nfbmo.org <mailto:President at nfbmo.org>

www.nfbmo.org <http://www.nfbmo.org>