[NFBMO] JAWS Scripting Advice

Roger Crome r_crome1 at msn.com
Thu Mar 24 02:14:45 UTC 2022

Good evening everyone,

I am working with a gentleman that is currently taking a statistics course at a local university.  The program used for the practical portion is IBMSPSS.  He is using JAWS 2022 on Windows 11.  The program will open but has no interactivity.Using OCR, I can tell that there is something there, but I’m not sure of any methods to gain interaction.  I did a basic search for JAWS scripts, but I came up empty.  I will continue to look but thought I would tap into the networks I have available.

First, is there anyone on here that has used this program for either school or professionally that would have some direction for me on what I should be looking at?  Second, has anyone on here had experience with accessing these types of scripts that could provide direction?  I’m looking primarily for an already designed script that that I can drag and drop.  If someone has suggestions on how to develop the script, I would need a very simple explanation of how to accomplish it.  This would be a whole new arena that I’m not entirely sure I’m ready for.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions or directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Roger

Sent from my iPhone