[NFBMO] Blind Equality Achievement Month Announcement and Standing Meetings for the Week of September 25, 2022

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 25 16:29:20 UTC 2022

Dear Friends:

October 1 starts our Blind Equality Achievement Month, and the National Federation of the Blind of Missouri is in the spirit. Starting next week, the layout of these standing meeting emails is going to read a little different for the month.

In each email you will find 4 different categories of topics. The first category is Blind individuals in our NFBMO affiliate. Next we focus on our advocacy efforts to improve equality for the blind.  Then we have a highlight on Achievements that have occurred over the years. Last, as consistent as usual, there will be a list of the standing meetings for each week  as well as  announcements concerning any upcoming Blind Equality Achievement Month events.

The information included in these emails can also be found on our www.nfbmo.org<http://www.nfbmo.org> website and on Facebook. You are encouraged to share this information with friends and family.

There are several ways a person can view these topics for our Blind Equality Achievement Month. The National Federation of the Blind of Missouri Communications team is striving to focus on who is in our beloved federation family, how equality is happening, presenting how achievements are celebrated in the National Federation of the Blind, and  is providing each of you with options on how you can attend one of the National Federation of the Blind of Missouri's standing meetings. Let's go spread the word on how the NFB has created a world where blind people can live the lives we want.

Blind / Individuals who are blind
Each week there will be one person highlighted in this section.

Equality
In this section there will be information about how our National Federation of the Blind has benefited the lives of blind individuals for many years.

Achievements
Each week there will be a focus on a particular achievement that has occurred in the federation.

Month / weekly Events
Below is a listing of NFB of Missouri standing meetings for the week of September 25, 2022. For meetings that are not held in the affiliate Zoom platform, you will need to contact the chapter president, division president, committee chair, or group chair to get the call-in information. If you are scheduling any ad hoc meetings for the week of October 2, please let me know by Saturday, October 1.

Monday
Ways & Means Committee, 8 pm, affiliate Zoom platform.

Wednesday
Guide Dog Division, 7 pm, affiliate Zoom platform.

Saturday
Live Presidential Release from Jackson, Mississippi, 4 pm Central, access details for upcoming release.<https://nfb.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=540>

Regards,

Daniel