[NFBMO] Join Us: Missouri Association of Blind Students Spring Student Seminar [Details Enclosed]

Seyoon Choi schoi at nfbmo.org
Wed Apr 5 14:00:02 UTC 2023

Greetings,

I hope the month of April is off to a bright start. My name is Seyoon Choi, and I’ve been honored to serve as the president of the Missouri Association of Blind Students, a division of the National Federation of the Blind of Missouri. The purpose of this organization is to promote the integration of blind students as equal participants in schools, to encourage students who are blind to seek the necessary
resources to achieve their professional goals in order to compete on an equal basis with
sighted peers, to serve as the vehicle for collective action for blind students for security, equality and opportunity in academia. Our blind student leaders were hard at work to bring this student led seminar into action,  taking place along side the 61st convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Missouri’s convention at the Hilton St. Louis Airport, located at 10330 Natural Bridge Rd. St. Louis, MO.

The student led seminar, themed Finding Your Path Forward, is the perfect opportunities for blind students and their families to learn, network, and mentor from one another. Whether you’re a high school senior getting ready to take that giant step forward into higher education, a longtime cane user who may be thinking of taking a new path forward with a guide dog, or are looking to find your way forward with a more independent lifestyle through one of the National Federation of the Blind
’s fantastic training centers, our seminar will have something for everyone! Join us as we hear from many fantastic panelists and presenters about how we as blind people can find our own way forward to live the lives we want.

Interested in joining us? There is no cost to you, but we do ask that you register in advance or at the door, so we could plan accordingly. Meal will be provided.
You can register here <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLUsRskQjbWRi4nImhbHHMLFljzDQ8kZFotv92xGdtg_lZ7A/viewform>
Know of a blind student who could benefit from our programming? Please spread the word, and encourage them to join us.

Please direct any questions to Seyoon Choi via email at schoi at nfbmo.org <mailto:schoi at nfbmo.org>
Cell: (314) 650-8306

Attached you’ll find our flyer along with the agenda for the National Federation of the Blind of Missouri’s state convention agenda for the rest of the events, sessions and programming throughout the weekend.

We hope you’ll join us.
With warm welcome,
Seyoon,

Seyoon Choi, he, him, his
President | Missouri Association of Blind Students
Co-chair | National Association of Blind Students Content Creation Committee
A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind
schoi at nfbmo.org
Cell: (314) 650-8306

blindness is not what holds you back.

 <https://nfbmo.org/>