[NFBMO] A Heartfelt Reflection on Our Unforgettable NFB of Missouri Convention

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 17 17:26:58 UTC 2023

Hey there, my wonderful colleagues and family! I just wanted to share some
warm thoughts and reflections on our NFB of Missouri Convention.  What an
incredible experience it was!

>From the moment we stepped into the hotel, we were greeted with such
friendliness and hospitality that it truly felt like the finest of family
reunions. The hotel staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable
and enjoyable, and I can't help but feel the need to personally commend them
for their outstanding service. They helped me look for an item that in fact
was never lost, and they wouldn't take a dime for their work.

Friday's diverse panels were not only informative but also engaging and
thought-provoking. The panelists shared their unique experiences and wisdom,
sparking some of the most heartfelt conversations among us. It was beautiful
to see everyone connecting and exchanging ideas, and I was proud to be a
part of all of it and to know that our president is such a planner.

The board meeting on Thursday was the perfect way to kick off the
convention. It set the stage and the tone for the entire event, ensuring
that everything would be meaningful for all of us.

Each presentation during the general sessions stirred something deep within
me. Listening to the speakers share their personal journeys, triumphs, and
challenges was both inspiring and humbling. Their words will undoubtedly
stay with me and probably you as we continue our own journeys, and I am so
grateful for everyone's willingness to share. The convention agenda struck
the perfect balance between our cherished traditions and fresh, innovative
ideas. This harmony allowed us to honor where we've come from while also
embracing the exciting possibilities ahead of us.

As I left the convention, I couldn't help but feel a profound sense of pride
and gratitude for all the amazing volunteers who have united in our cause.
Despite having their own responsibilities, they've dedicated their time and
energy to something truly meaningful. I'm reminded of how important it is
for us to reach out and find even more people who need our support, as well
as those who want to join our mission.

The NFB of Missouri Convention was a truly unforgettable and heartwarming
experience, and I can't wait to see what we can achieve together moving
forward. Sending you all my warmest thoughts and appreciation! Let's keep up
the great work!

Love,

Gary