[NFBMO] Launch into STEM in Missouri

Jenny Carmack jcarmack314 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 02:38:52 UTC 2023

National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life you want
Launch into STEM: Upcoming Event for Blind & Low-Vision Students
Hands-on activities. Accessible graphics. Blind role models.
The National Federation of the Blind works to improve opportunities
for blind students in the areas of science, technology, engineering,
and mathematics (STEM). NFB STEM2U brings nonvisual accessible lessons
and activities to blind youth. Students of varying ages across the
country will learn fundamental nonvisual tools and techniques they can
use to pursue further education and careers.

This program is great for youth in grades five through twelve* who:

Are interested in experiments and investigations
Could benefit from fun programs specific to blind students
Need hands-on, nonvisual skills training opportunities

Announcing "Launch into STEM" in Missouri.
When: Saturday June 3,2023
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
where: First Assembly of God Church 1900 State Hwy C Jefferson City, MO 65109
who: blind/visually impaired students in grades 5 - 12

Roman Solano and I will be leading this amazing activity, but we are
looking for two things.

1. students - please send this out to families and professionals you
know who can get the word out, attached is a flyer you can share,
students need to use the link on the flyer to register
2 volunteers - if you or anyone you know would like to help guide
students through the experiments and exploration, let me know, we need
3 - 4 people who enjoy working with youth and like the STEM field.

Thank you for helping to get this information out. I look forward to
sharing the outcome of this event with all of you.

Have a great day!
Jenny Carmack MEd
NFB of Missouri 1st Vice President
Youth Programs Coordinator