[NFBMO] Pit Stop Party in Springfield today

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 28 02:56:58 UTC 2023

Today's pit stop party in Springfield was simply wonderful. We toured the history museum and briefly learned about the local history and about Route 66 and the businesses that it developed. We then made our way to Pappy's Place Restaurant. We met Dan O'Rourke, and he gave us an update on how his trip is going. After some  brief remarks by Springfield Chapter President Janice Grisham and affiliate President Shelia Wright, we heard from the guest of honor himself. We then heard the reading of a proclamation by the Mayor of Springfield proclaiming August 27, 2023, as Dan O'Rourke day. We were then treated to some great music, including a rendition of the song Get Your Kicks on Route 66.

I was able to attend this event because of the generosity of Bill and Amy Wilson who hosted me at their home on Saturday night, and then drove me down to Springfield. I was supposed to catch the train going from Warrensburg to Kansas City at 7:14 pm. Upon learning that the train would be delayed more than 1 hour due to a freight train accident, they decided, without complaint, that they would just drive me home. I am grateful every day for my NFB friends.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel Garcia, Second Vice President
dangarcia3 at hotmail.com