[NFBMO] BPMedicaid coverage costs

GeneCoulter at Charter.net GeneCoulter at Charter.net
Thu Jun 8 19:22:53 UTC 2023

Greetings all,
In 2014 we met with MO HealthNet and FSD regarding several issues regarding
Blind Pension and SAB. The primary focus of the meeting was the State's
proposal to switch prescription drug coverage to a managed care model where
recipients would have to pick a health care plan under Part D of Medicare
beginning in 2015. Assurances were given that out of pocket costs would not
increase for those receiving  drug coverage through Blind Health Services
through MO HealthNet. We were told that whatever  the plan be it Humana,
Silverscript, United Health or other plan did not pick up that MO HealthNet
would pay. Apparently there is some problem  with that original commitment
as  at least one person is being told they must pay $100 for a 50 day supply
of the eye drop Combigan or $50 for a 25 day supply (Note: in this case the
generic actually costs more than the name brand). Before the managed care
plans came into being the cost would have been $2.00. This change seems to
be a recent development. The pharmacy called Provider Services with MO
HealthNet and was told that the $100 was correct.
The purpose of this message is to inquire if anyone else is being charged
co-pays for their necessary medications in particular eye drops? If the
agreement is still valid regular medications should not have a  cost to
BP/SAB recipients. If you are being charged for medications I would
appreciate  a few pieces of information so I can continue making inquiries.
In hopes of getting a resolution I need to know the name of the medication,
how much you
are being charged, name of your pharmacy, and your managed care provider (eg
Humana, Aetna, etc.).
Please Email me at GCoulter at NFBMo.org Thanks and I hope that perhaps
Combigan is an outlayer but have my doubts.
Eugene Coulter, Social Services Liaison