[NFBMO] BELL Academy

Jenny Carmack jcarmack314 at gmail.com
Tue May 9 03:06:08 UTC 2023

Hello Friends;

The NFB of Missouri BELL (Braille Enrichment for Literacy and
Learning) Academy will be starting before you know it.  It will run
from July 31 to August 11 in both Springfield and St. Louis.

Debbie and I have begun making plans and some student applications
have started rolling in. This will be the 10th BELL Academy in
Missouri and we want to make it an awesome experience for students and
families.  It takes a team to make this happen, so we are requesting
help from our friends.

You may ask how you can help?  Well, there are so many ways.
For those who want to help prepare you can:
*make braille alphabet cards
*make word flash cards
*put braille on card games (ex. Go Fish, Old Made, etc).
*making braille tracking sheets
*and more as plans begin to get finalized

If you want to help during the 2 week program you can:
*create and teach a lesson
*proof read the braille done by the students
*set up/clean up for activities and meals
*workalongside the students during activities
*be there with us for a few hours or all 10 days

Being a BELL volunteer is a lot of work, very fun, and mostly
rewarding to be a part of.

Below is a link to a volunteer application that we created. We ask
that you fill it out no matter what role you will take in
volunteering, it will help us to  prepare and plan.  Please share this
link with others you know who may be interested in volunteering.  If
you have any questions, please let Debbie or I know. Thank you in
advance for helping the Missouri BELL Academy be an awesome program

Here is the link:

nfbmo.org/BELL-Volunteer

Have a great day!
Jenny Carmack MEd
NFB of Missouri 1st Vice President
St. Louis, Missouri BELL Academy Coordinator
jcarmack314 at gmail.com or jcarmack at nfbmo.org
call or text: 314-239-9776

Debbie Wunder
Springfield, Missouri BELL Academy Coordinator
debbiewunder at charter.net
call or text: 573-268-6989