[NFBMO] [Nfbnet-members-list] Calling All Students! Midwest regional seminar registration has launched. March 22nd-24th

dandrews920--- via NFBNet-Members-List nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Sun Feb 4 23:02:27 UTC 2024

Happy February NABS,

As the grips of winter soften it is time once again for blind students to migrate to the city of Chicago Illinois for the 2024 Midwest Regional Student Seminar hosted by the National Association of Blind Students. Come be a part of the action and shape this weekend of networking, resource sharing, collaboration, and so much more. We encourage you to embrace the quest of the educational journey and experience the now with us. Join us at the Holiday Inn O’Hare located at: 5615 N Cumberland Avenue Chicago, Il
60631 on March 22nd through March 24th.

You can register at the link pasted below in this message. Registration does close on March 1st, so do not delay.

Rooms can be booked at this website,
http://www.hiohare.com/
  and enter our code, Nfb. You can also reserve a room by phone
(800-465-4329) or (773-693-5800). When calling use our room block code National federation of the blind student.

Room rates  for a room with 2 queen beds are $119.00 per night. Rooms should be booked by March 8th. If you need help finding a roommate please reach out to myself with that request before the March 8th deadline.

The national Association of Blind Students prioritizes the health and safety of all of it’s members at our events. For the safety of all participants we do ask if you are feeling ill please remain home. These policies are consistent with the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois on in person gatherings. We are also committed to keeping all members safe as such we follow the code of conduct recommended by the National Federation of the Blind which requires all participants to be 18 years of age for this residential program.

Alternative payments: We in no way shape or form want the $100 registration fee to be a deterrent  for any student’s attendance. If the $100 registration fee stands in the way of your participation please reach out to NABS treasurer Hunter Kuester at 920-285-8530 or hunterkuester2 at gmail.com <HUnterkuester2 at gmail.com>. Please recognize that both the $100 registration fee and a  complete registration form must be completed by March 1st to ensure your attendance into this transformative weekend.

If you have any questions about hotel logistics, registration or anything else regarding Midwest please reach out to Hunter Kuester at 920-285-8530 or Hunterkuester2 at gmail.com.

https://nabslink.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&action=preview&id=2

Keep it classy,

Hunter Kuester