[NFBMO] From the Chapter President's Mailing listVoting Matters: A presentation about voting rights and accessibility

Daniel Garcia dgarcia at nfbmo.org
Wed Feb 7 19:28:44 UTC 2024

Note that the time is eastern time.

From: Chapter-Presidents <chapter-presidents-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf
Of Carol King-Ries via Chapter-Presidents
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2024 10:20 PM
To: 'NFB Chapter Presidents discussion list' <chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org>
Cc: cmkries at comcast.net
Subject: [Chapter-Presidents] Voting Matters: A presentation about voting
rights and accessibility

National Federation of the Blind

National Organization of Blind Black Leaders Women's Group

Meeting Notice for Monday, February 12, 2024

The year 2024 is a major election year in the United States; we will be
voting for president and vice president, a third of our U.S. senators, our
U.S. House of Representatives, some governors, state legislatures , and some
local governments.  Voting is a sacred right and responsibility of
citizenship, and this is why the NFB National Organization of Blind Black
Leaders Women's Group cordially invites you to attend our meeting on
February 12, 2024 at 7 pm eastern.  This meeting will feature a presentation
entitled "Voting Matters" about Voting Rights and Accessibility.  The
presenters will be Joann Kingsley, Delaware Disabilities Law Program, and
Carol King-Ries, NFB of Delaware Legislative Director.  Even though this is
a discussion about voting, it is really a discussion about being a full
citizen of the United States with access to all its rights and privileges.
As usual, we will have a presentation that will be open to discussion and
questions.  All are invited to attend; voting accessibility is a nationwide
concern for all people of all abilities, so please join us and invite
others.  The Zoom link is below.

Sincerely. Carol King-Ries

Facilitator, NFB NOBBL Women's Group

National Federation Of The Blind Of The District Of Columbia Washington, DC
is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: National Organization of Blind Black Leaders - Black Women's Group

Time: Feb 12, 2024 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/8204086286?omn=97771117625

Meeting ID: 820 408 6286

---

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,8204086286# US (New York)

+16469313860,,8204086286# US

---

Dial by your location

. +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

. +1 646 931 3860 US

. +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

. +1 305 224 1968 US

. +1 309 205 3325 US

. +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

. +1 689 278 1000 US

. +1 719 359 4580 US

. +1 253 205 0468 US

. +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

. +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

. +1 360 209 5623 US

. +1 386 347 5053 US

. +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

. +1 507 473 4847 US

. +1 564 217 2000 US

. +1 669 444 9171 US

. +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 820 408 6286

Find your local number: https://nfb-org.zoom.us/u/acWranV6QZ

--

**Private voting is a right, it should not require sight.
<https://nfbmo.org/PrivateVoting>**

The National Federation of the Blind
knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your
future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can
live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

<https://nfbmo.org/>